Updated: Jul 26, 2020
This is one of my absolute favourite recipes at ANY time of year.
Because my diet is predominantly plant-based, I feel that quick easy recipes that contain plant protein are a life saver! This one does not disappoint.
HOW DOES IT MEASURE UP?
1 bowl of this beautiful, creamy soup contains:
Kilojoules: 924 Protein: 11.2g
Carbs: 24.9g Fat: 9.2g Fibre: 12.2g
WHAT YOU NEED
- 1 Brown Onion (Diced) - Olive Oil
- Garlic (or Garlic Powder)
- 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes
- 4 Cups of Water (Boiling) - 2 Heads of Broccoli (Chopped)
- 400g Peas
- A Large Handful of Spinach
HOW TO MAKE
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a BIG saucepan.
- Add diced onion and sauté for 5 mins.
- Add garlic & cook till onion is just beginning to brown on lower heat.
- Prepare vegetable stock (add one cube to 2 cups of boiling water) add the the saucepan and stir, then add the second stock cube to another 2 cups of water and add.
- Add chopped broccoli to the saucepan and turn up the heat.
- Once the soup mix starts boiling, add peas and cook until broccoli is VERY soft (10-15 mins) on medium heat. - Remove from heat and add spinach (it will gently wilt itself).
- Leave to cool for 15 mins.
- Blend in batches in a NutriBullet or blender, adding into another big saucepan as you go. - I like to blend mine until creamy but you can serve it as a chunky soup as below.
- Reheat a little and serve with a drizzle of olive oil!